Barr-Nunn Transportation is approaching its 40th year and remains a trucking industry leader in pay for safe truck drivers. Superior financial performance combined with a culture committed to driver career success keeps Barr-Nunn Transportation a certified top pay carrier, now sixteen years in a row. The trucking company forged a reputation as a carrier with the fastest pay raises in the trucking industry. Many truckers looking to make more money are curious as to how our truck drivers consistently earn more. The answer is a unique and innovative approach to pay for safe driving.
Safe Truck Driving Bonuses
Safety for our drivers and our customers is our highest priority. We want drivers who put safety first. Truck drivers with verified safe records get rewarded with higher practical mile pay and higher bonuses. 95% of Barr-Nunn Transportation drivers earn the following bonuses every 90 days:
- Mileage Paid Solo Drivers earn ½ cent per practical mile pay raises based on safe paid miles of either 20,000 on regional fleets or 40,000 on OTR fleets.
- All company drivers earn the following bonuses for safety every 90 days:
- Solo Driver – CSA Safety Bonus = $700 or $875 plus 1 day of PTO (Vacation)
- Solo Driver – On-Road Bonus = $425
- Team CSA Safety Bonus = $825 or $1,025 each plus one day of PTO (Vacation)
- Team – On-Road Bonus = $425 each
Safe Driving Comes with Perks
Truck drivers accomplishing One Million Safe Miles earn cash, extra PTO (Vacation), a leather jacket, a plaque, and more. Drivers obtaining Barr-Nunn Transportations Elite Fleet Safety Award receive a plaque and cash. Additional awards trigger with every 125,000 safe paid miles.
Barr-Nunn Truck Driver Qualifications
Safe and service-oriented truck drivers have similar qualities. If you are an experienced truck driver or team truck driver looking to earn more and get paid for safe driving and meet these qualifications, Barr-Nunn Transportation wants you to complete an application.
- A valid and current Class A CDL
- 23 years old
- 14 months of recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- No DWIs in the past seven years
- No more than three moving violations in the past three years
- Successfully pass a pre-employment DOT physical, drug screen, and Human Performance Evaluation (company truck drivers only for HPE)
- No preventable DOT reportable accidents in the past three years
- No drug test refusal or failure
New Company Drivers Earn More Money
Unlike many trucking companies today, Barr-Nunn Transportation allows new truck drivers to earn more quickly. CSA bonuses and On-Road Bonuses with PTO are issued on a driver’s first check and after 30 and 60 days of employment. Additionally, Barr-Nunn Transportation is giving truck drivers pandemic pay premiums, sign-on bonuses, and transition pay.
Earn Better Benefits with Safe Driving
Barr-Nunn Transportation displays more respect, more support, and more benefits to truck drivers than other carriers. We strive to offer the highest quality employee benefits for safe truck drivers and their families.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health & Dental Insurance
- Excellent Matching 401(k) Program
- Superior Home Time Options
- Well-Equipped, Late-Model Tractors
- ElitePass Transponder for Tolls & Scales
- 100% No Touch Freight (Mostly Drop & Hook)
- No NYC or Canada Lanes
- Free Rider Program from Day One
- Trailers equipped with Tracking and Cargo Sensors
Whether you are a safe solo truck driver, a safe team truck driver, or a safe owner-operator, Barr-Nunn Transportation is ready to reward you with industry-leading pay. If you are looking for a carrier delivering on mileage, pay, and home time, Barr-Nunn Transportation lives up to all three. Many of our truck drivers wish they came over sooner. Now it’s your turn to earn the pay, respect, and home you deserve.
You may also enjoy the 6 Advantages of OTR Truck Driving for Barr-Nunn Transportation.
For more about driving for Barr-Nunn Transportation, read our FAQ.